Hello again

I wish I could say that the last week I have been super productive, so much so that I couldn't even squeeze in the time to write a little blog to let you all know how super productive I am being.

Unfortunately this is not the case.

For the past week I've been flitting between feeling horribly ill or simply feeling, for lack of an appropriate word, "eugh".
The only thing I did manage to achieve this week, was to become fully nocturnal. Which is not so much of an achievement, but more of an annoyance, as I'm now ready to join the world again in daylight hours.


One good thing though, at the beginning of last week I got a phone call from my parents asking if I got any time off in October. They wanted to go on holiday and wanted me to house/dog sit. Unfortunately, I don't get any time off from September to Christmas. And when I asked where they were going I was utterly surprised. Cyprus.

I feel I should point out now that my father has issues parting with even the smallest amount of money.
So I convinced them to take me with them.

I've always wanted to go back to Cyprus. We lived there when I was about 2 because my father was in the Military Police. I don't remember it at all, but in all the pictures it looked beautiful.

So we've booked the flights and a lovely little villa in a village near the beach and the mountains, away from all the nausiatingly touristy/clubby places which Cyprus is becoming famous for.

These are the sea caves there (Peyia)


I've also decided to make an effort to start reading again. I went through a phase this Summer of buying lots of books, and even a bookshelf. So now I have a bookshelf full of wonderful books which I have barely made a dent in.

I'm going to start off with Nights At The Circus by Angela Carter.

2 comments:

  1. Cyprus?!? Sooooooooo lucky. I definitely agree that a location away from all the touristy/clubby parts of town is ideal. A villa near the beach sounds like a dream. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) I forgot to mention the most exciting thing. The two weeks we are there coincides with my birthday! 21st on the beach! :)

    ReplyDelete