I may have bitten off more than I can chew...

Two posts in one day, good lord. You can tell I have plenty to get on with, I only ever seem to post when I have much to do.

First day of semester over and done with and I am already feeling an overwhelming amount of work looming above my head, ready to drop on me with an almighty crash in the coming weeks.

Admittedly, last semester I put zero effort in, and it shows. And so, vowing that this semester would be different, I vowed to myself that this time it would be different. And different it will be, not to mention stressful, and probably soul-destroying. But let's not dwell on that.

Firstly, one of my four modules this year, is Research Methods, which constitutes zero lectures aside from the introductory one. Essentially it's a literary review, almost like a mini dissertation. And it looks a heck of a lot of work. And what is most daunting is that there are no lectures. It requires planning, and organisation, in order to pass. Unfortunately, I have never been able to comprehend the idea of planning in advance let alone actually putting it in practise. But I live in hope.

Next, we have my three other modules: Microbial Pathology, Microbial Physiology and Cell Biology. All of which, for once, I have a genuine interest in. But nevertheless require a butt-load of personal reading blah blah. Pathology also includes another mini-dissertation task, which just sounds delightful.

And by no means am I done yet. Last semester I applied, successfully, to do a pilot course run by an insurance company, during term time. Why I thought I would be able to manage another course on top of my modules, I don't know. But it was a really fantastic opportunity. It's an employability course, and teaches essential skills, like interviewing or assessment centre skills in order to give you the edge when applying for graduate level jobs. It also incorporates a certified Financial Planning Qualification, which couldn't hurt to have lurking on my C.V.

And finally, I am a School Officer for Life Sciences at my Uni, which means I help organise the class representatives, and represent the students and voice their opinions, concerns etc to the Uni itself or to the Union. We had our first meeting of the semester tonight, and good lord there's a lot to be doing this semester.


So I'm officially worried. And I have an exam tomorrow.
Which, I'm pretty sure, won't allocate me marks for blogging skills so I'd best get back to work.

Night all.
H x

No comments:

Post a Comment