New Semester, New Start.

Today is the first day of a new semester, one of which I am determined to do better in. My new years resolution this year mainly, is to be more organised. More specifically, generally be a better student. So far, through the past two and a half years, I've coasted along doing just enough to pass. And it occurred to me the other day, how ridiculous this is. After all, it was my decision to go to University. It was my decision to further my eduction in this area, so why would I not put the effort in?
And so, hopefully this thought will provide me with the much needed motivation to get me successfully through the semester.

In honesty, I am rather excited about this semester. Specifically the modules I will be taking, which I had already known I was going to do as soon as I saw them when I was in first year. Microbial pathology. To me, sounds like heaven. I've always been interested in diseases, not in a morbid way, but I guess as I have worked, and do work in healthcare, I've seen the real-life side of these diseases and it's satisfying being able to understand it on another level.
And although, through my years at Uni, my interests have shifted from microbiology to biochemistry, more specifically drugs (in keeping which my interests in healthcare). I really do hope this lives up to my expectations.

I feel I should point out that "excited" probably isn't the best word to use here. But, through lack of knowing how to explain it, it's just been this thing that I have been secretly looking forward to.

However, before I can begin to look forward to that, I have to focus my attention on the exam, which was cancelled during exam time and has been rescheduled for tomorrow. For which I have done little to no work.
But I'm oddly not worried about it at all. What I'm more, not worried, but mildly irritated about it is that it has been scheduled during one of my classes. A lecture followed by a lab session. Which means I will miss them, which annoys me simply because, as part of my new years resolution I was going to attend all classes. Or as many as humanly possible.

Anyway, as my cup of coffee has emptied itself, I think a refill is in order. Thanks to the Christmas Holidays, I forgot that this time in the morning even existed.


And before I forget, Merry Belated Christmas, and Happy Late New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment