This is a happy post.

Hello lovelies.

The exam has been and gone, and without going into extraordinary detail (I realise so far I have mostly talked about nothing except Uni), it went ok. Two exam questions. One was a marvellous god-send, and one was ok. Overall, not nearly as bad as I expected.
And so began my good mood of the day!

In order to celebrate me finishing exams, me and my darling flatmate Natasha and our friend Natalie decided to make fajitas this evening. Which were delicious, I might add.

I also, for the first time I can remember, made cupcakes. I don't know why, but I was in such a good mood I thought I'd give it a bash. So I looked up a basic recipe, got my ingredients, plus I decided to be creative and add lemon extract to the mixture.

They were delicious!

And I'm going to put this in perspective for you. I barely cook, let alone bake anything. I struggle coping with more that one pan at a time, so as you can imagine, I'm not entirely talented in the kitchen. And may I also point out that we don't own a set of scales, so all my amounts were guesstimated.

And I'm so happy they turned out beautifully. Lovely lemony cupcakes, with vanilla buttercream icing and decorated with mini chocolate "jazzies".




Here they are. Now I know they may not look much to you, but it's certainly an achievement for me.
Perhaps I'll try something more adventurous next time.


So that's part of the reason I'm in such a good mood. And the fact I have a day off tomorrow. And not just any day off, a day off in which there is really not an awful lot to do at all. Which feels extremely odd, in a good way. I've been bogged down with so much work in the past months, that any day I've taken off is never fully enjoyed because in the back of my mind, I know there are so many things I need to do.

But its the beginning of the semester, no work has been set. Not even a proper lecture to go over yet. I have a completely free day and I'm relishing the thought.

So, as well as venturing into the world of baking and general use of foreign kitchen utensils (eg. a spatula), I've decided to get back into reading again. Hopefully branch into some new genres. I've always been very book fussy, sticking to the same genres, the same kinds of stories, and authors. Or in fact sticking to the same kind of books altogether.

So I'll be looking for any good books anyone has to recommend.
As well as any good recipes!


I can tell, this year is going to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment