Things Have Happened

So exam season is over. But to cut a long story short (mainly about stress) I missed two of my three exams, and I have a resit from last semester. So three resits to do in August. Which is NOT a good place to be in third year. And it's stupid because I know if I put my mind to it I can ace them. But I just didn't.

It's been a pretty rough ride the last couple months. In fact third year altogether has been rough. If you could call it my third year, because I very rarely went in. But instead of sitting here and getting myself all stressed out again I'm just going to focus on the positives and what I need to do.

What I'm going to do is make a list (gotta love a list) of all the things I need to do, and break it down into little things that I can work through. Like get a job. Study. Learn to drive? Read (I'm trying to work my way through the classics, right now it's Crime and Punishment)

I just need to get back some balance in my life. Last year I just lost it. It was either study or nothing. I'm going to get myself back into a routine, try to reconnect with the people around me, start doing the things I used to love doing again.


I realise this isn't a very interesting post, but it's quite therapeutic. And there's a procrastination element, I'm supposed to be packing up my stuff (I'm moving back to my parents). Which I suppose I should be getting on with.

And on the moving back to my parents house. It was a pretty snap decision. But I was pretty convinced it was the right one. I missed my mum (I'm terrible with communication via phones, email, blah blah) not to mention my sister, and dog. And it's SO, so so so, much cheaper to commute in to Uni on the train.
Which, I'm weirdly looking forward to. I've always loved the train - especially between Edinburgh and Perth which goes along the coast and it's GORGEOUS. And also I figure I can use the commute time to keep up with my studies or do some reading. Anyway, so I thought moving back in with the parents was a good idea.

However, I've realised why I preferred living away.
My dad. I just can't seem to get on with him at all. We're either far too different or far too similar, I can't decide. I won't go into details, but it's just tough sometimes.

Anyway, which I think I've said far too much in this post, I should get back to reality. Reality being packing.

Coffee break over.
I'll get back to you guys soon with my master Summer plan. That's what I'm calling it, overlooking how ridiculously cheesy that sounds. But sometimes you've just got to embrace the cheese.




That's possibly one of the weirdest things I've ever said.

2 comments:

  1. Your relationship with your father sounds exactly like my relationship with mine. He's a lot of the reason I don't want to move back home (because I, like you, miss my mother when I'm away) - we get into arguments very quickly and easily, but then find it hard to make up.
    I hope everything works out well for you - it sounds like you know where you're going, which always makes it easier to get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its's from Topshop. I only bought it because I got horrendously sunburnt and needed something to cover my arms! It was £55 minus the student discount. xx

    ReplyDelete