Berber Oil Hair Treatment

Without a doubt the latest craze in hair care is hair oil treatments, whether they be in shampoos, conditioners or masks or anything else. However, if you're like me and you have fine or thin hair our natural response on hearing of oil hair care is to run a mile.

However with so many of the hair oil treatments claiming to be lightweight and not leave any residue, I went against my better judgement and got my hands on a sample of Berber Oil Hair Treatment with Argan Oil. Having only tried out hair oil once before (the Leonor Greyl Palme which you wash out and the results were, well, greasy), I was intrigued as to whether the Berger Oil claims of being "lightweight" and that it "transforms all hair types" would be true, especially seeing as this is a leave in treatment.



On opening the bottle you're greeted with a thick, sweet scent of, well I don't know what it is. What I do know, is that is smells bloody delicious. So even if it does turn my hair into a big gigantic ball of grease, at least it'll smell nice. Reminded me a bit of Prada Candy if you've ever smelt that before.

The product itself is easy to pour and get out and isn't runny, which is a nice touch. I'm still having nightmarish flashbacks of oil running down my arms and all over the place when trying to apply my Leonor Greyl Palme. I applied a little on my damp hair, mainly on the ends of my hair where I thought its nourishing properties would do some good.Another thing I liked was that it soaked into my hair quickly and easily, and I wasn't left with nasty greasy hands.

I left my hair to dry naturally and was really very pleasantly surprised. It wasn't greasy. Actually, it was smoother and the ends were much less frizzy than it would normally after drying normally. I haven't yet had the guts to try it on dry hair, but have been applying it on the ends of my damp hair (even after using conditioner) as it's really tamed the ends down.

If you'd like to give the Berber Oil Hair Treatment a go, samples are still available.

Have you had any experiences of hair oil treatments?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Helen, I'm a new reader, popped over from PaperLoveStory. I have fine hair, but I regularly use Argan oil and Marula oil (you can get it at The Body Shop). I think it's brilliant. I also use it as a moisturiser on my face and body sometimes! The Body Shop Marula oils are particularly nice as they're scented. The one I'm using at the moment is satsuma oil. Yum! I definitely recommend experimenting more with oils!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I haven't tried Argan oils, and the new body shop oils do look interesting. I'll definitely be experimenting with oils some more! :) x

      Delete