Face Mask Friday

I've been really getting into face masks lately, and have been having so much fun testing new ones, so I decided to make reviewing face masks a regular feature. Hopefully I 'll be able to try a new one every week :)

This week I managed to try out two.


Untitled



Untitled



The first is Boot's Natural Collection Wild Strawberry Facemask


Price: £1.00 from Boots

Scent: I wasn't a big fan of this scent. It smelled a bit too artificial for me. With fruity masks, or any products in fact, artificial smells are a big pet hate for me. It smelt like a strawberry sweetie, which some people like, but it's just not my thing.

Application: It was a nice thick cream, plenty of it too, and it was easy to apply. Not overly sticky either.

Results: Afterwards my face felt really nice and refreshed. It didn't do anything amazing for my skin, but it felt like it cleaned my face pretty well.

Repurchase: Probably not. It's really the scent that put me off. It's pretty much a bog standard face mask and doesn't do anything amazing, but still left my skin feeling nice. I just think I can get other equally priced face masks that do the same thing but smell nicer.



Untitled



The other face mask I tried this week was Superdrug's Tea Tree Peel Off Face Mask


Price: 99p from Superdrug

Scent: When I was applying the mask, it smelt strongly of alcohol. It was not pleasant, and I seriously considered taking it off but after it started to dry the alcohol scent disappeared and it smelt of tea tree oil.

Application: Applying at first was a pain in the neck. It was a super sticky formula and was just really frustrating. However, when it was time to remove the mask it was amazing. I actually managed to peel it off all in one go which was fantastic.

Results: My skin felt really nice and clean afterwards, and I certainly think the tea tree oil helped my blemishes.

Repurchase: Perhaps. The alcohol scent and sticky formula are quite off putting but I liked the results and how easy it was to peel off. I think I'm going to try some other peel off masks first to compare.



Have you tried any of these masks? What masks have you been using this week? x

2 comments:

  1. I've tried the boots one and thought the same, which is a shame cus I was looking forward to it.

    Might have to give the other one a go tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to try the Strawberry mask, but I'm not a fan of artificial smelling beauty products either. What a shame!

    http://elettravelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete